In 2004, Acadian descendants visited Grand-Pré, Nova Scotia. Our ancestors had been deported from their lands in 1755. Many of our ancestors who lived here were also buried here. Sitting near the old willows planted by our ancestors and reflecting on their lives, a cool breeze suddenly blew through the willows. At that moment we felt the spirit of our ancestors. This blog is dedicated to their memory.


Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wednesdays Child - Emile, Rita and Alphee LeBlanc

Sacred Heart Cemetery
Andover, Massachusetts
Children's Section

Two brothers and a sister are buried in 
this section of Sacred Heart Cemetery.
There are  but a few wooden crosses.
When children died in the early 1900s many families
could not afford to purchase plots or headstones.

My brother Emile Joseph Alphée LeBlanc
was born 23 April 1921 in Lawrence, Massachusetts.
He died  02 January 1925 at the age of 3 years 8 months.

My sister Rita Marie Alexina LeBlanc
was born 02 May 1922 in Lawrence, Massachusetts
She died 11 February 1925 at the age of 2 years 9 months.

My brother Alphee Joseph Georges LeBlanc
was born 16 February 1931 in Lawrence, Massachusetts.
He died 08 February 1932 at almost one year.

They have no headstone and I do not know exactly where they are buried 
except that I was told by the parish secretary that they we buried near where the fence is today.

All Rights Reserved
Whispers Through the Willows
Lucie LeBlanc Consentino
2011 - Present



4 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Lucie, So sorry to learn of the very early deaths of your siblings. Sad.

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thank you Barbara.

You know I never knew them and I always think it will not affect me when I write about them but it always does because I know how heart broken my mother was over their deaths. My father once told me that she would rock their toys since she no longer had them to rock. Yes, very sad. I cannot imagine losing a child.

Lucie

Anonymous said...

Lucie, how sad for your and your family. Thank you for sharing this.

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Hi Yvonne..thank you!

Sincerely,

Lucie